• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

RCAF 100th - 1/72 Fairey Battle Started 29 Dec 2022 Completed 21 Jan 2023

Started by lastvautour, December 31, 2022, 07:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Scheduled for roll out in first quarter of 2023.

Lou

Boomerang

lastvautour

All too easy for you Gordon. Shaping of components is begun with some issued with wood grain on the starboard wing. I hope lots of glue and clamping will solve the problem.

Lou

Boomerang

I've been thinking of doing one myself.

I have some decals for the trainer version but there were several Australians flying Battles in the Advanced Air Striking Force 1940.

Looking forward to updates.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

I could not rescue the wing so another is being done. It will be interesting to compare our approaches.

Lou

lastvautour

lastvautour

Glue is curing on the wing to fuselage joint as well as the trailing edge fairings. Note size in comparison to the DHC-3 Otter floats in the previous post..

Lou

lastvautour

Nearly ready for the primer coat.

Lou

Boomerang

lastvautour

Thank you Gordon. My production line has slowed considerably, however I hope to finish my Battle by month's end.

Primer has been applied. A dark green and dark earth camouflage scheme to follow. In my research I found an all black RAAF battle.

Lou

lastvautour

Roll out 31 Jan 2023. My Battle represents serial number 1640-43 flying with RCAF No 1 Bombing and Gunnery School Jarvis Ontario Canada.

Lou

Gearup

A really pretty model. The canopy looks to be a test of patience with all of the frames.

Fraser

Boomerang

lastvautour

Thank you Fraser. These were made on my HP printer. I cheated by placing the roundel and artwork on yellow before printing. I am pleased with these results.

Lou

PS. I printed additional blue strips for matching the top and bottom of the fuselage.