• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

RCAF 100th - 1/144 DHC-8 Dash-8 Started 29 Dec 2022 Completed 26 Mar 23

Started by lastvautour, December 31, 2022, 07:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Another block shape models schedule for Feb 2023 roll out.

Lou

lastvautour

I already have a 1/144 Buffalo. This will be another de Havilland Canada design, namely the DHC-8 Dash-8-100

Lou

Gearup

The -8 sure took deHaviland out of the bush and into the 21st century. Great aircraft! I saw the prototype -8 when it was in YYC during a tour. Looking at the spindly gear on it, it certainly did not seem to have bush strip landing capability. But of course times have changed and the aircraft is a success on the hard strips....and maybe some gravel ones too.
Fraser

lastvautour

I read that De Havilland has been revived and will continue to produce the latest Dash-8-400 series in Toronto.

Lou

lastvautour

The Dash-8 is progressing along nicely. As with all my new 1/144 models, it will feature an undercarriage.

Lou

lastvautour

Assembled, rough sanded and filler has been applied.

Lou

lastvautour

Primer has been applied. Next will be a step back as I forgot to add the flap track housings and the tail bumper.

Lou

lastvautour

The flap mechanism housing are on and painted. I elected to purchase the decals from CanMilAir.

Lou

Boomerang

lastvautour

lastvautour

De-Icer boots are painted as well as cockpit windscreen. The undercarriage is attached. It is a tail sitter, so a straight pin will keep the nose gear grounded. Now, all I require is for Canada Post to bring me the decals.

Lou

lastvautour

The Dash-8 is finally done with a roll out of 24 March. It was a lengthy project for such a small model, however I had to redo certain parts. The Dash-8 follows the -3, -4, -5, and -6. The Dash-8 is number 97 in my RCAF Centennial project.

Lou

Boomerang

Excellent result Lou. Looks great.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour