• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Non Solid Wood Projects

Started by lastvautour, April 17, 2020, 07:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanShort1

With having small kids, and living in some tighter space, and a tricky family situation, I pretty much gave up 99% of my model-making and woodworking for the last 5-6 years, but I recently started building scale models out of Lego with the kids...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVJAJcIpvc2/

lastvautour

Nice collection Ryan. My model building will also come trickle when we move to a senior's complex. I am planning on boxing and storing my collection at some point with views to donate them to a local aviation museum.

Lou

RyanShort1

Quote from: lastvautour on November 06, 2021, 12:28:02 PM
Nice collection Ryan. My model building will also come trickle when we move to a senior's complex. I am planning on boxing and storing my collection at some point with views to donate them to a local aviation museum.

Lou
If anyone else here is on Instagram, it'd be nice to know. It'd be useful to use a hashtag, too, so we can follow and share stuff.

lastvautour

I have no idea if hashtags would work with this site. Garet would be the man to ask.

Lou

lastvautour

I am creating a mantle for my 1/92 HMCS Athabaskan.

Lou

lastvautour

Laying laminate floor in kitchen and a bit of time for fun.

Lou
Sorry, it's not a solid.

lastvautour

Floor is done, two days away from my modelling. I can feel the withdrawal symptoms coming on.

Lou

Gearup

Outstanding work on the flooring Lou. That's hard on the knees but it looks like you're having fun too. It is said that you are never more than three feet away from a spider and Lou is never more than three feet from a model airplane...... ;D

Regards
Fraser

Boomerang

Top quality job. Well Done Lou.

Looks like the works supervisor approves.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

My bones are still hurting. Thanks for the moral support.

Lou

lastvautour

An Aurora Canada Inc CF-100 Canuck circa 1960. This has been lingering on a shelf for too many years even decades. I sanded it down with 330-grit paper and painted it with Rustoleum Metallic Silver. The CF-105 Arrow was given the same treatment a few years ago.

Lou

PS. Photographing silver is as or harder than the application.