• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

RCAF 100th - 1/72 Canadair Argus Started 14 Apr 2018 complted 01 Oct 2023

Started by lastvautour, April 14, 2018, 07:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gearup

Outstanding carving of the engine nacelles! The whole wing speaks of strength.

Fraser

lastvautour

Thank you Fraser. Dovetailing the center section make that area stronger than the rest of the wing.

Lou

lastvautour

lastvautour

I decided to put the Argus higher on my priority list. Wings and horizontal stab are glued. The wing has an additional wood screw ro hold it in place.

Lou

Gearup

Looks strong Lou. It is a hefty model judging from the grip you have on the fuselage. It could have been carved from a baseball bat ;)

Fraser

lastvautour

A lathe would have been handy, but alas, my Mk I eyeball will have to do. At 1/72, that makes it a 2" circular fuselage. It probably weights in at close to 5 lbs.

Lou

lastvautour

I applied filler to the vertical fin and I am currently sanding the main wing fillet to their respective shapes. I wrap 120 grit sandpaper around a dowel to get the concave shape.

Lou

lastvautour

My Argus has finally made it to the paint booth. It is rather large and can only be done in sections. One can only hope for an early summer heat wave.

Lou

lastvautour

Progress is slow but still active.

Lou

Gearup

The Argus is looking good. Its always nice to see the builder in their natural environment too!

Fraser

lastvautour

Thank you Fraser. I guess I am in my man cave.

Lou

lastvautour

The weather has cooperated enough to spray some more primer. I have just a few spots to clean up before painting.

Lou

Boomerang

Looking good Lou.

Depths of winter over here.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

We have not had a good June with rain, rain, and more rain. We had two days of summer and warm temp. The mainland has had scorching weather and huge forest fires that haze our skies with smoke. So I guess, rain is not that bad even if it makes it impossible to spray.

The Argus is a slow-moving project that started in 2018. I hope it ends in 2023!! ;D

Lou

lastvautour

Ran out of light grey primer. It is now ready for some colour.

Lou