• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

SIPA S.70

Started by Oceaneer99, August 27, 2009, 04:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oceaneer99

Balsabaser and Dave T.,

I've enjoyed seeing the models of the SIPA S.70.  Do either of you have drawings of the SIPA S.70?  Unfortunately, airwarefareforum closed down recently!   :'(

Garet

dave_t

I do have the SIPA 70 drawings Garet. It seems like more than a few interesting forums and special interest sites have disappeared in the past year or so, probably due to the economy and the expense/labor in maintaining them, not to mention massive spam attacks.

Dave

Oceaneer99

Thanks for saving the drawings, Dave.  I read the thread, and it appeared that one of the members of their forum had drawn them himself.  I made bookmarks so that I could come back later and save them and then was surprised to find a message saying they had closed!

Your points about the demise of many special interest sites are all valid.  Here we have to congratulate Ray for his foresight in moving over to our own domain from MSN groups.  I had some links about kayak construction that I tried to go and re-read, only to find that they were also part of MSN Groups and are now lost forever.

As to Solid Model Memories, we are very close to being able to pay for the next three years of service!  Of course, paying a web host is just the price of entry; having all these wonderful contributions, especially recently, has been really great to see.

Garet

R.F.Bennett

AirWarFare Forum was closed due to lack of member activity. Even if the hosting is paid for a group must have member input to stay alive. Or else it just becomes an archive that no one visits.
"The Dude Abides"

Balsabasher

Quote from: Oceaneer99 on August 27, 2009, 04:18:21 PM
Balsabaser and Dave T.,

I've enjoyed seeing the models of the SIPA S.70.  Do either of you have drawings of the SIPA S.70?  Unfortunately, airwarefareforum closed down recently!   :'(

Garet

Garet I will scan my own drawings for you soon with pleasure,they were prepared from the small amount of photographic material available,you can easily up or downsize them for your own requirements.
Barry.

Oceaneer99

Barry,

Thank you very much!  Dave T. sent me his archive of the discussion from the airwarfare forum, but you implied before that you made your own drawings.

Garet

Balsabasher

What I will do Garet is send the scans here for submission to the plans section,it will be interesting to see you interpret this design to your very own building methods,the plan is over at the collection so will pick it up shortly.
My drawings are basic but sufficent to do a build.
Barry.

Oceaneer99

Thank you!  I look forward to seeing your drawings.  Long ago for another plane, I drew one set of plans from photos and a small 3-view and know how much work that is.

Garet