• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

McDonnall F2H-3 Banshee Canadian Navy 1:48 - Early Jets

Started by Gearup, January 05, 2021, 04:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gearup

The assembled strut is fully collapsed ie: there is no extension of the lower leg. Seems I copied the configuration of the museum aircraft. The struts are usually left unpressurized on museum aircraft so they  will not settle onto something underneath should they go flat.

buccfan

Very nice indeed Fraser, excellent detailed tutorial. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

I know where my next undercarriage is coming from. Marvelous workmanship.

Lou

Gearup

Thank you all for the comments. Once again it's gotten cold out here. Below zero c with snow coming down. Ah well, this is winter in Canada but my shop is going to be too cold for primer, which is next on the list. Did manage to get the gun barrel channels carved out on the nose before my fingers got too slow🥶🥶
Fraser

Boomerang

From the news the States and Canada are copping a monumental dumping of snow.

Stay safe . Stay warm.

Gordon

Gearup

I did get this picture of Banshee 334, with bare skin, over the ocean heading for the paint shop for primer.
Still waiting for the shop to warm up. Unfortunately my little heater clapped out so I may have to wait a bit.
Regards,
Fraser

lastvautour

Looking good Fraser.  I hope it warms up at your end. The only other solution is to turn one of your bedrooms into a paint shop with a good ventilation system I may be doing that myself. $180.00 vent system is a little steep.

Lou

buccfan

Coming along Fraser, my gas bottle ran out for my heater, but I managed to get the temperature up with an electric heater and get some primer on. Regards Paul J.

Boomerang

Looks great so far Fraser. Hope it warms up enough soon.

Cheers

Gordon

Gearup

So I got new heat in the shop. Yay! Not that cold outside now, but it is nice to be able to work on stuff again in comfort.
So heres the first primer coat. I always enjoy when the patchwork of filler and wood becomes one and the model starts to take shape.

So now for fixing the rough spots. Also will have to start on the markings soon.

Take care,
Fraser

lastvautour

Boomerang

buccfan

Gearup

Thank you all. I am working on stencils for the markings right now. I am also debating on missiles. I can only find pictures of the RCN aircraft with one missile  mounted on each wing.  Was this typical or could we Canadians not afford more missiles? 😉

Fraser

lastvautour

Our Banshee only carried a single AIM-9 Sidewinders on each wing tip.

Lou