• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/48 Fairchild Husky

Started by lastvautour, December 01, 2021, 09:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Guy writes"

Hi Lou, sending pics. of last model : Husky 1/48 (CF-BQC) and snowmobile Bombardier, (1/18) with trailer and 48 "Woody", The small (2) canoes and small snowmobile  are in 1/48. Next will make another Husky in 1/48  (CF-MAN) on skis to go with small snowmobile. The big snowmobile is for a winter scene diorama, have to make yet the Norseman, CF-GMM from Austin Airways. Those are my next 2 winter projects...Be safe. Cheers. Guy.  P.S. We have in the St. Andrew compound the "remain" of CF-BQC, CF-MAN...Plus in storage C-GCYV. Our new museum will open next spring. Next week we will move the Bellanca Aircruiser to the new museum, CF-AWR. I volunteer in restoration...       

Lou for Guy

lastvautour

Magnificent workmanship by Guy on his 1/48 Fairchild Husky. The canoes are miniature model in their own right.

Lou

Gearup

Those are all outstanding models. The Norseman certainly looks like it has been working hard. I love the weathering and scum lines on the floats🙂. It's great that you show the utility of the airplane with the aft door loading a canoe, something the Beaver does not have of course.

The Bomber on the trailer is amazing. The design certainly allowed for a good view to the interior, round windows engine compartment etc. Fantastic. My son had a chance to help out on a restoration of a Bomber in Saskatchewan when he worked there. I could not believe they were powered by a V8 engine!

Great models. I look forward to more examples of your work. Btw, is this the St Andrew outside of Winnipeg?

Regards
Fraser

lastvautour

Another wonderful Husky from Guy and this time on skis.

He wrote: Hi Lou, Merry Xmas. Sending a few more pics. of Husky's, CF-MAN on skis and CF-BQC on float.  Plus a shadow box of a winter scene in 1/72. Will be doing the same (similar) in 1/18. Already have the snowmobile...done. Cheers, be safe. Guy.

Lou for Guy

Boomerang

Terrific models.

The shadow box is a great idea.

Gordon

Gearup

Guy,

The models look great. The shadow box diorama is a nice touch.

Fraser

lastvautour

Here is a close up of Guy's Bombardier Ski Machine.

Lou