• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

2022 April Ping(revised)

Started by lastvautour, April 01, 2022, 11:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

1 April 2022 and we have a full quarter under our belt for this year. So far to date we have 50 new topics, 649   new post and 427098 new views that put on on track for another record breaking year. Our gallery slowly but staidly continues to attract viewers with 4,174,937 views.

Lou
PS 1 April marks the RCAF 98th birthday. Two year to finish my project.

March projects number six models

Gordon Sopwith Triplane

Jim Spad A 2

Pete Dynavert

Lou Beechcraft Mentor, Fleet Finch and Cessna Crane

lastvautour

Things are moving along with averaging 2 to 3 hours a days on the bench.
Current project s are:

1/144 CH-118 Iroquois decal sheet arrived from CanMilAir

1/144 CH-135 Twin Huey decals printed and clear coated. Forward fuselage reworked to reflect more accuracy.

1/72 Argus wing airfoil shaped with my hand planer. Took just under two hours to get it close to what I want. More later this month. Perhaps a July roll out.

1/48 Beech Expeditor fuselage/tail feather assembly in paint shop for primer as well as the wing/nacelle assembly.

1/32 Gypsy Moth fuselage rough sanded as well as upper surface of wings. I have started to gouge out the concave under wing area. Wings will be cut to create the dihedral.

Several other projects have 3 views printed.

Lou

Boomerang

Hawker Sea Hawk is nearly finished.

AW Siskin - Main bits done. Thinking about what to do with the cockpit.

BAT 26 - with the Sea Hawk just about done found some time yesterday and sanded the tail group.

Another project has been cut out and will be started when I need a break from the other three.

Have something else in mind but at this stage it is "just looking".

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Gordon I have 100s of "just looking" and not RCAF related. Tempted to do some  early Russian jets, SU-7B, MiG-21 or SU-15 in various scales. Thanks for posting. I would hope 10 members would tell us they are currently building.

Lou

Boomerang

Me too. Been looking at early Yaks and Migs. There are some good colour schemes for the Mig -17 around.

What I have cut out in the ready box is an  F-84F ( no rigging or propeller to think about).

All good fun.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

A bit more challenging is a 1/72 MI-17 in RCAF colours. We leased 4 of them when we served in Afghanistan. The rotor head is pretty complex. Other than my Iroquois and Twin Huey, the only other was a Eurocopter AS 350 Écureuil that I made for my daughter in 2008.

Lou

Boomerang

My Grandson (7) has his own little white board on the wall. He has written on it that he wants to be a helicopter pilot.

Have had a quick look and am tending towards the EC-135T2 used for training. Yellow/black colour scheme.

Something long term for the end of the year.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

I found that the rotor hub was hidden under the cap so 1/32 was not a problem. Blade are just pressure for easy removal during transportation.

Lou

Gearup

Sorry for having gone dark. Currently I am tied up with non model projects for the next while. Rest assured, I'm still here.

lastvautour

Thank you for chiming in Fraser.

Lou

Jim

Working on a Morane-Saulnier AI. Coming along nicely so far ...6
And so it goes...

lastvautour

Thank you for the update Jim.

Lou

Boomerang

Good to hear from you Fraser.

Looking forward to the Morane Jim.