• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

2001 - 2021 - 20th Anniversary December Ping

Started by lastvautour, December 01, 2021, 11:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

The forum is having excellent success having had 2.6 millions views to date. The gallery continues to slowly increase its viewership with 4.1 million views.

I would ask that members having joined the 20th SMM and 100th RAAF anniversary cook-ups/group builds provide updates.

Additionally, please post photos of completed project during 2021 for inclusion in the 2021 Yearbook. The current model counts stands at 50. http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/index.php?topic=1847.0

As per last year, the yearbook will be in the form of a PDF and will feature a tribute to Barry aka Balsabasher. Other members will be feature one at a time in future yearbooks as long as I am able to do so. As always, suggestion on improving the yearbook are welcomed.

Lou

lastvautour

November was fairly quiet with two project being complete and another started. The completion of the JU-88 brings my total yearly output to 27 models.

1/48 DH-98 Mosquito Mk NF II - Wings and nacelles are assembled as well as the horizontal tail plane and fuselage. Filler has been applied to both sub-assemblies and await final sanding.
1/48 Beech C-90B King Air - fuselage and tail feathers rough sanded. Wings and engine nacelles have been scraped and new ones are in the process of being carved.

1/144 Canberra no progress
1/350 SS Bannprince no progress

Flight of Fancy Mk III (Bank TV commercial) Completed
1/72 Junkers JU-88 Completed

Boomerang

Greetings All,

1/48 FB 31 Vampire - Decals rediscovered ( I've had a set for a while). Finishing commenced.

1/48 CAC Wirraway - Progressing . Fiddle bits being done.

1/32 Sopwith Triplane - Progressing - Need to cleanup and do the cockpit.

Cheers

Gordon

Gearup

The FOF3 is in paint and I'll have more pictures shortly.Christmas is coming😜

Pete1616

I'm still working on my Dakota, wings on at last. Next (thanks to Ken Noble) will be a Tutor followed by a T33. 87 is on the near horizon, but Elvis and I share a birthday, I'll make it, he didn't!. I can accept slowing down, as long as I can keep carving.
Pete1616

Gearup

The FOF3 is finished and posted. A fun project. I might be starting another model before Christmas. We'll have to see what comes up
Fraser

Boomerang

Good to hear Pete. Looking forward to the Dakota.

Still a couple of weeks left for December Fraser.

Cheers

Gordon