• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Current Project updates

Started by R.F.Bennett, January 19, 2008, 02:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Pugh

That's an excellent idea!  Curtiss was way ahead of his contemporaries and putting bamboo over metal tubing is brilliant.  I bet the design flew fairly well.

Ken Pugh

Balsabasher

It flew well but was quite demanding and heavy on lateral control,so they switched pilots after an hour aloft,I love those old pushers.
The metal inner was merely a modern certification requirement but lots of Curtiss aircraft had bamboo booms that had no problems,It took selecting straight pieces to fit over the tubes and special drills to reach the other end,clever idea.
The aircraft has since changed hands with a private collector.
Barry.

Ken Pugh

Just an update to let you guys know what's going on.

In September I suddenly won my SS disability case.  I have been fighting this one for over 12 years.  I got a call from SS on 3 Oct saying they will have backpay deposited to me in 7-14 days.  As of 26 Nov I'm still waiting on that one, but things are much brighter for us, financially.   I have been spending the past month or so trying to put my life back together and am stunned at how much I have neglected or quit doing over the past two years.

Evidently, life wasn't challenging enough for me so I decided to add shingles to the list, starting Sunday afternoon.  Jeepers that is some incredibly painful stuff!  Pain is pretty much all I can think about right.  Don't even sleep anymore.  So, I haven't dropped off the earth or have decided I hate you guys, I'm just distracted right now.  I really have the urge to model and share but that's all it is right now, an urge.  That is progress because I didn't even have the urge to model a year ago.

I'll be back one day, just don't know what day that will be.

Ken

Peter

Ken, congratulations on winning your disability case. My Dad went through that years ago, it can be quite the roller coaster ride. Take your time getting better and getting life in order. Model building and SSM will be here when your ready.

Peter

cliff strachan

Good Luck with all your endeavours, Ken. You are having a heck of a time just now but things will get better. Nice to hear from you.

Cliff.

lastvautour

We look forward to your return. Take care of yourself and keep your spirits up.

Lou

Boomerang