• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Air Racer Cook-up

Started by lastvautour, October 14, 2008, 09:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Jimmy D and me have been talking through messages and he is going to make the Folkerts SK3 so I wanted to introduce him to the cook-up section.  Jimmy, here is the link to the racers presented so far.
http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/thumbnails.php?album=83

HEY KENNY, where is that Speed Spitfire?

Lou

Kenny Horne

Hey Lou,

I've been thinking of that poor ol' beast just yesterday...  It's been sitting for over a year with only needing masking and hitting the blue over the silver that I've already sprayed...

Take care guys,

ps
lots of cool stuff hapenning on the boards lately.  Great work everybody :-)

Kenny

R.F.Bennett

A cook-up has been nominated and approved (It only takes two builders) and they never end. Let the chips fly Gents  ;D
"The Dude Abides"

10kDA

Hello all,

I've been lurking and posting plans for a while and now I guess it's time to join in a cookup. My project will be the Hansen Baby Bullet # 2, NR282W, which raced in 1932-1933. I am building a full-scale replica of this airplane so a little one will help me visualize the color scheme and other details.

Chris

lastvautour

Glad to have you aboard. I look forward to your first photos.

Lou

lastvautour

Balsabasher is cooking up a Caudron Typhon.
This is an image I found on line.

lastvautour

here is Pete's contribution to the Racer Gook Up. His supermarine S-6B is coming along nicely.

Some rework of the engine housings was in order.
Pete's Supermarine craft can be seen in greater detail at http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/thumbnails.php?album=36
Please note that the pictures uploaded in the album are not in the proper sequence.
Good luck Pete.

Lou

cliff strachan

Nice subject for a cook-up guys. I'd definitely like to join. Perhaps at a later date.

Cliff.

lastvautour

Like Max's Milk, we never close.

Lou

lastvautour

Pete's entry in the racer cook-up is the Supermarine S6B. Very nice work Pete.

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-4296
Lou
Nice flag in the background!!

lastvautour

K Mars has presented us with a number of very interesting Air Racer models.

1/50 Scale Wittman "Chief Oshkosh"

1/50 Scale Caudron C860

1/50 Scale Brown B-2 "Miss Los Angeles"

Howard DGA-3

Caudron C-450

Conquest I on the bench

Kenji, I suggest you ask for a project board to better explain your collection of racers. They are marvelous .

Lou

K_mars

Hello Lou,

I feel it to honored to invite.
I'm not good at English.

I post another photograph of my "Howard DGA-3".
This model 1/50 Scale. 1/50 Scale is general in Japan. This reason is that the metric system is used.

A golden decal is made from the thermoelectronic printer.

The propeller is a wooden basis.

Kenji

Mark Braunlich

Kenji,
Your English is good enough for this group  ;).   Don't worry about it.
Welcome!
Mark

lastvautour

Kenji, we care about the modeller and his/her models and don't worry about the odd word that may be out of place or misspelled. If we don't understand something we will ask for clarifications. I enjoy seeing your models and hearing from another part of the world.

Lou
PS Excellent finishes on your models.

Balsabasher

Kenji we are deeply honoured to have you here,wonderful models and thank you for sharing them with us,I have never heard of gold thermo electric printing,please tell us more,you have a really receptive audience here.
For some time now we have been admiring the beautiful models produced by your fellow countrymen,really good to see that solid modelling is alive in Japan.
Greetings from Warwick,United Kingdom.

Barry.