• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Phantoon.

Started by buccfan, December 04, 2012, 08:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buccfan

I have started a new project, a Phantom. Template derived from here. http://airfactory.blogspot.co.uk/search?updated-max=2011-06-28T03:36:00-07:00&max-results=15&start=30&by-date=false Just the one pic for now, I will post my progress as I get more done Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

A guy could spend weeks looking at that site. I will post it to the link board. NIce start to your Phantom. Will you be doing undercarriage?

Lou

buccfan

Thanks Lou.I got that site from your link to the Laurent Chassard Harvard II. There are some great images on there. I will most likely build the undercarriage. Regards Paul. PS. with a bit of tweaking some of the profiles here could be useful!!!. http://skytoons.co.uk/?page_id=330

buccfan

A bit of progress with component manufacture. I had to make the exhaust nozzles from square as I don't have any dowel. Wheels will be from the spares box. Regards Paul J.  

lastvautour

When dowels are not available in the right size I quite often do the same for nacelles and exhaust. I must say it is looking great.  I look forward to the assembled model.

Lou

buccfan

Thanks Lou, I'm trying to put in a bit more time on the work than I did do on the others, I don't like to stop once I get in my workshop!. Regards Paul.

buccfan

A bit more progress today, wing halves glued up, fin glued in place, engine exhausts finished off and dowelled for temp fit. Main UC legs started. Regards Paul J.

Peter

Looks good Paul! I think this my favorite of your air toons so far.

Peter

buccfan

Thanks Peter, I've enjoyed making them all, glad you like it. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Looking super Paul. What colour scheme were you planning?

Lou

buccfan

Thanks Lou, I'm doing it as a 74 Squadron RAF FGR2 in the overall grey colour scheme with a black fin. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

This one?

Lou
P.S. linked to Thunder and Lightnings site.

buccfan

That's the one Lou, and you even found one with the T on the rudder!!. Regards Paul J. PS and this one. copyright to airfactory.blogspot.co.uk

buccfan

Just a quick update to show progress so far. All main parts except burners glued on filled and sanded ready for first coat of primer. I could only find oil based grey primer, no waterbased available so I will have to mix some up. Undercarriage assembly also in hand, fuel tanks and pylons still to make. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Phantastic Phantom Paul.

Lou