• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Warbird pictures.

Started by buccfan, June 21, 2012, 10:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buccfan

Some great pics here on Lou's home turf, maybe some ideas for some new projects, Regards Paul J. http://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=43945

cliff strachan

Some great stuff on that site. Thanks.
Cliff.

lastvautour

I will be going pass Hamilton next summer, however I will not have time to stop. Going to my daughter's wedding in Niagara on the Lake and the schedule is to tight to drop in. Thanks for the link.

Lou

Pete1616

Funny, I live 45 minutes from the CWH and never go to the airshow (I hate crowds) but I do visit the museum frome time to time......The airshow pics made me wish I was there though, Great shots!.......Pete1616
Pete1616

buccfan

You're welcome for the link, Lou/ Cliff, Pete1616, I know what you mean about the crowds at airshows, especially if something rare or unusual is appearing, then the car parking and travelling gets silly as well. I've stopped going to RAF Waddington Airshow for this very reason. Best regards Paul J.

Oceaneer99

I was swimming in a public pool in the western part of Seattle on Sunday when a B-17 flew overhead.  A while later, a P-51 screamed by.  And about an hour later, another (I think it had a different paint scheme) B-17 flew over, banking first one way and then the other to complete a figure-8 above me.  It was pretty neat to see (and hear).  The Merlin has such a characteristic sound.

Garet

buccfan

You are right about the sound of those Merlin engines Garet, and a free airshow in the pool can't be bad either! .I have just read on the Airshows Uk website that The Waddington Airshow may be approaching sold out for tickets and there may not be any available at the gate on the day.This is due in part as I said before to unusual participants, this year among others The North Korean display team, The Black Eagles, in the T50. The aircraft were dismantled in Korea, flown to the UK in transport aircraft and re assembled at RAF Leeming in North Yorkshire to appear at the Waddington airshow and R.I.A.T at Fairford I believe.
      I was lucky enough to see them yesterday when they overflew York on their way to Waddington. The thing about the ticket issue is that the show is not an enthusiasts show (although a large number of them do attend) but a family day out type of show, and not everyone books in advance or would think to look on websites but just turn up on the day, so there could be a lot of disappointed people at the gates this weekend after some long road trips. Regards Paul J.
PS. here's a link to see a few of the participants arriving yesterday.Regards Paul J.http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=61100