• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Model Display Areas

Started by Balsabasher, April 09, 2012, 03:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

Lou does your display area back onto your workshop shielded off or is this in a dust free zone in the house ?
Its an impressive display and just shows what can be achieved,I say this because dust is such a major problem and seems to take over !
Barry.

lastvautour

I walled off a section of my basement and try to keep it as dust free as possible. First shot is 1/24 and sci-fi, second are 1/24 aircraft and 1/350 ships and 1/32 aircraft,. third shot is 1/32 on both shelves with 1/72 on top. and last is 1/48 plastics
Lou

lastvautour

Plastics still has the largest viewing area but I am trying to equal that out. Starting with 1/72(+ 1/48 F-18) , 1/144 and 1/48 and misc( Sole 1/32 plastic).

Lou

Balsabasher

Lou I see that you are putting those Maxwell House tins to good use ! they make ideal props between the shelving and why not ?
Your collection looks most impressive,I had not realised that you had so many F-107 Delta Daggers,I see how you have done it now made a partition for the collection,a good idea.
Barry.

lastvautour

That is actually five F-102A Delta Daggers and six F-106A Delta Darts. I also have one each in 1/48 scale. I love all Century series aircraft. My biggest collection is the seventeen F-101 series of F-101B, and F-101C. Not to forget the AirToon versions also.

Lou

lastvautour

My next door neighbour is doing some renovations and was discarding some doors. One of them is flat and works out great as a display area or work area as long as no hard pounding takes place. The door will be located in the center of my display room mounted on two cardboard shipping boxes pending better arrangements. here it has been cleaned and is ready for a coat of white paint to clean things up even better.
It will serve as an area to place my HMCS Bonaventure.

Lou

buccfan

Have you got other models apart from HMCS Bonaventure waiting for a home, or are you going to have to make more to fill it up? Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Right now I have enough display area for a few more models but not much. I plan on moving my entire naval collection to this new area once the Bonnie is done. That will free up at least one glass shelf for other things.

Lou

Oceaneer99

Nice to see the expansion planning/progress, Lou.

Garet

lastvautour

More good fortune sailed my way yesterday. My neighbour donate five 14" X 26" plate glass very suitable for shelving of heavy items. I will make a new shelving unit but for now I still need to finish with the first batch of glass shelves he gave me. I was surprised to see the flex in the double pane glass assemblies. I thought they would be quite rigid, but that is not the case. Any heavy object would create a noticeable bend in the glass.

Lou

buccfan

You will have to drink some more coffee Lou, and the way your luck is at the moment,fill in a lottery ticket!!. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Did I mentioned he also gave me three doors to seal off my display area. I have two mounted but still need to purchase the knobs. Lottery is never kind to me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lou

lastvautour

Two doors are hung and a small naval display area has been created in the center of the room liberating some much needed space for aircraft.

Lou

lastvautour

Doors still need hardware. Next pension check!!!!

Lou

Oceaneer99

Oh, wow, nice design for the naval display shelves, Lou!

Garet