• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Annoying pop up-Adobe Flash player

Started by Balsabasher, April 03, 2012, 09:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

Is it just my system or is there a problem ? every time I click onto something here I get a pop up that says 'Download Adobe Flash player' I have downloaded the pesky system so many times now and it never seems to work properly and wants constant updating ? it took me a few hours tonight to update my notes as the pop up kept appearing in multiple succession,a real nuisance.
Barry.

buccfan

I have not had any problem with the flash player, it popped up the other day for an update, which when installed automatically updates itself from now on without asking every time. Regards Paul J.

Balsabasher

The problem was not Adobe after all,it appears to have been a pop up prompting me to download some unknown hardware,to get around the problem I have restored my system to an earlier date,so far it seems to have worked,how it got there is anyones guess but advertisers are getting sneeky with their desire to get attention and get us to buy their products.
System restore is fine if it works, but from past experience it sometimes refuses to go back to a previous date.
Anyway just in case this assists anyone else who is faced with annoying pop ups that just will not go away when you hit any key.
Barry.