• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Another solid modeller's webpage

Started by Will, August 03, 2011, 12:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

Hi Guys,

I wonder if this gentleman, Noel Allard of the Gator Modellers is aware of SMM?  On this page of their club website he gives a good prĂ©cis of solid modelling using balsa or basswood:
http://www.gatormodelers.org/articles/tips-a-techniques/56-scratch-modeling
There's some lovely model aircraft illustrated there, the Curtiss H-4 America caught my eye.

Regards
Will

Mark Braunlich

Thanks Will.  This guy looks like he would fit right in here and he could probably teach us a thing or two.  I like this site.

Mark

lastvautour

I sent him an email via his friend Jack. I hope he responds. Like kenji, we can always learn from new members.

Lou

cliff strachan

Thanks Will. That is indeed a great site - especially the introductory article about solids, scratch building, methods and the reason for it all. Not sure I'm enthused about the time necessary to become that efficient at our hobby (haven't got that much of this scarce commodity left - nor I suppose the site's devotion to the competition which seems an odd forum to find such an informative piece on solid scale.)
Cliff.

Balsabasher

A man after my own heart,how refreshing to read that someone gets as much pleasure as we do from building solids,his Golden years subjects too are right up our street,I wonder if he is aware of us ?
A lovely find,and a rare one at that.
Barry.

lastvautour

I received an email from Noel and he is interested. I hope he joins as we can use his talents.

lou

Greasecup

Just ordered pattern for a VW from him , hope it gets here soon .
Greasecup

Balsabasher

I would love to have his talent here,he builds just the sort of aeroplanes that appeal to me as well,some good tips on his site as well.
Barry.