• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Veron DH.110 Plans vanished.

Started by Balsabasher, April 11, 2009, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

Just went to download the Veron DH.110 plans and they appear to have vanished ? they were there yesterday,there was also a very nice set for the Douglas Globemaster transport butcannot see these either ?
Balsabasher.

Oceaneer99

The Veron plans are buried in the Member-Submitted section (using "search" is the easiest way to find it).

One page (of four) is here:
http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-1264

The Globemaster is:
http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-2560

One of the things on my list to do is to process the plans in the member-submitted section and move them into the correct directories... I haven't gotten very far on that yet.

Garet

Balsabasher

Thank you Garet for providing me with the links,these historic plans are just great and real treasures,many will be built !
Balsabasher.

R.F.Bennett

Keep your fingers crossed, There's like, 300 for Garet and I too sort out and more coming. I'm getting two deliveries by mail this month and one next month. We never turn down a plan!  ;D  :P
"The Dude Abides"

Oceaneer99

At least it means job security for us, Ray!  ;) :)

Balsabasher

Ray & Garet,you are creating an historic vault of solid model plans,those names came whistling back when I perused the listings,are there any from CMA Chingford Model Aerodrome ? this company did 1=48th beauties such as a DH.90 Dragonfly and a Brewster Buffalo,they came out in wartime and are shown in advertisements in the period 'Aeromodelle' magazine,some pretty refined solid kits came from the Silverwing company which did excellent spare parts to add to the kits,they did a first class booklet which I have somewhere which gives tips on superior solids.
Amongst the model of the month section of the 'Aeromodeller' were some excellent pictures of readers solids,and that Junkers Jumo engine you have placed there with the plans  I once built as a lad,I remember the hassle I had getting a special sized knitting needle to build up parts of it ! I raided mums needles,for the thin wood I used laths from those orange boxes that the green grocers threw out,and for filler used a solution of flour and water with a spot of paper adhesive as a binder,despite the obvious lack of proper materials we used to get some good results,wooden cotton reels made excellent radial engines for the larger scales,this really is solid model memories stuff and its great.
With much gratitude keep up the good work,Balsabasher.

R.F.Bennett

That's why Memories had to be in the name.  ::)
"The Dude Abides"