Started by Oceaneer99, January 22, 2009, 07:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oceaneer99

Kenny,

You got picked up by Popular Science Australia late last year:

http://www.popsci.com.au/article/2007-08/modeling-memories

Modeling Memories
By Dave Prochnow Posted 29.08.2007 at 9:47 am 0 Comments

If you're in search of vintage (ca. 1935-1945) model airplane (e.g., Supermarine Spitfire, Grumman XF5F-1, etc.) plans (published in Bill Barnes Air Trails, Flying Aces, and Model Airplane News), then plan a stop at Ken Horne's Web site. Packed with Adobe Acrobat PDF reprints from the great DIY airplane building magazines from America's modeling heyday, this site risks filling your hard drive with way too many plans—all of which could take a lifetime to build.

Although somewhat dated (i.e., the last site update was 2004), this site does provide a wide smattering of 3-views, flying model plans, and solid model profiles that are worth investigating prior to buying one of today's ready-to-fly foam kits. Supplementing this large library of bygone building plans is a healthy dose of folksy, pulp fiction av tails that can help fill those hours while you're waiting for the glue to dry. —Dave Prochnow

(Image: Ken Horne)

lastvautour

Kenny, purhaps you could link the new SMM to your home page. Publicity like that would be fabulous.

Lou

Kenny Horne

Lou,

The two new sites are indeed front and center when you get into the Solid section of my site

http://www.ualberta.ca/~khorne/solid/solid.html

The webcounter on the botton says that page is getting about 300 unique hits per month so someone is seeing it.  I'd love to know if anyone here came to the SMM site through mine. 

Kenny

tycobb9999

I found out about this site from Ken Horne's site, several yars ago, when this was still an MSN Group. I was doing a random Google search for "Air Trails" or "Flying Aces" or some other nostalgic search, and I stumbled across Kenney's page, and eventually found the link to this site.

Scott

animek

Would love to see a 2009 update on those old mag's s scanning of yours, but I know! It is time consuming! ;D

Balsabasher

Those scans I really look forward to,Kenny if you ever find the 'Flying Aces' issue with the Aurogiro in it then I would be really interested to build that one,that plan has eluded me for years.
Balsabasher.