• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

February 2012 Ping

Started by lastvautour, February 04, 2012, 03:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Gallery

5,946 files in 300 albums and 16 categories with 837 comments viewed 913,882 times

Forum

Total Members: 273
Total Posts: 7681
Total Topics: 781
Total Categories: 9
Users Online: 15
Most Online: 70 - August 29, 2009, 04:33:27 AM
Online Today: 17
Total page views: 1236521
Average registrations per day: 0.24
Average posts per day: 5.44
Average topics per day: 0.6
Total Boards: 57
Latest Member: petervanlune
Average online per day: 13.37
Male to Female Ratio: 1:0
Average page views per day: 817.8

One extra day to build this year.

lou

cliff strachan

As I've got my Mustang and Mosquito completed for 2011, I hope to now paint my completed models of the Hellcats, the F6F-3  and F6F-5, originally my contribution to the Hellcat cook-up,all some time ago.
After that I would like to draft some 3views of a Tiger Moth made from some photos coupled with other 3views that I've got and to modify some scale drawings of a Junkers 53 to conform to the necessary scale views of ARM - the Junkers that served for such a long time in the Bush as the biggest cargo aircraft in North America during those years in the employ of Canadian Airways and later Canadian Pacific Airlines.
After that I would like to model: the China Clipper, a Lockheed 10 and a Lockheed 14.
Age, Travel and Reading will determine if I get any of these modelling ambitions finished.
However, moving might also prove to be an obstacle.
Cliff.

lastvautour

Good projects for you Cliff. I am sure you will do them justice.

Lou

R.F.Bennett

I completely lost my Hard drive.  ;D
Send me your contact info if you want me to have it.
Administrator@solidmodelmemories.net
Site is safe!

RFB
"The Dude Abides"

Jim

I've got two projects for the museum. They want me to build two Schweizer gliders/sailplanes to go with the Ag Cat, the idea being that the three models together will form the basis for an exhibit on Schweizer Bros. Aircraft, because it's a New York-based firm. So far, nobody's mentioned anything about modelling the helicopters they now build for Silorsky. That's fine; I don't much care for helicopters, anyway, and at the speed I work, the two gliders -- a TG-3A trainer from WW2 and a model 1-26 -- probably will occupy me for months!
And so it goes...

Balsabasher

Things have ground to a standstill here and I was looking forward to get some building done soon as well,alas a period of hospitalisation and a minor operation has knocked me for six,at the moment I am having to live with a catheter strapped to my leg which is inconvenient to say the least,but the cath is better than the awful pain that I have had to go through these past few weeks,when this is all sorted then I am looking forward to getting some carving in and trying out my new wood lathe as well.
Barry.

Ken Pugh

Heal up, Barry.  We want you back!

Ken Pugh

Peter

Hi Barry,

I hope your feeling better soon and back in action. My wife and I are both dealing with health issues so I know how difficult it can be. Hang in there, this to shall pass.

Peter

lastvautour

I hope to have you up and about quickly.

Lou

buccfan

Hope you get better soon Barry, Regards Paul J.

Mark Braunlich

Barry,

Sounds similar to something I went through three years ago :P.  Wishing you all the best for quick and complete recovery. ;)

Mark

Balsabasher

I took the catheter out myself this morning after pain and blood presence,now I am regretting doing that as in pain again as unable to pass water and feeling shaky,at this very moment I am awaiting emergency assistance but there is a backlog due to bad weather and local practice closed for training.
All of the joys of getting older,it happens to us all.
Barry.

cliff strachan

Good luck again, Barry. And as Mark and yourself have expressed it's likely something we all go through as we "mature."
Cliff.

Balsabasher

Admitted myself to hospital again in the end and had a new cath fitted,so at least out of pain until the next step after the antbiotics have done their job,I sat there for 4 hours but it was well worth it.
Thanks for the messages everyone we all suffer one way or the other in old age as things do not heal as well as when we were young.
Barry.

cliff strachan

Barry, I went through something very similar as I believe some of our other members might also experienced. It is very trying for sure: the catheter, the operation and sometimes the attendant matters. But our Prostrate Cancer Support Group does it's best to not only assure men to be aware but also to assure them that there are  many new approaches available and that certainly not all is lost. Hopefully that is not your problem. But at the same time we believe that lending support and information is our duty and to speak out is  our responsibility.
Cliff.