• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

April 2014 Pimg

Started by lastvautour, April 02, 2014, 06:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Starting second quarter of 2014 with the gallery accumulated views at 1,915,790 and the forum total views at 2,556,323. People keep looking which gives me hope there is a good interest out there.

Lou

lastvautour

Little has changed since last Ping,

1/144 CC-109 - in the paint shop
1/72  Seabee - carving fuselage and started ribbing detail on wings and tail feathers.
1/32  L-19 - Detailing ribbed sections of flaps. Wing has been glued and putty needs to be sanded.

Dream stage - nil  have the flu so don't inhale too close to your monitors. I would not want to pass it on.

Lou

lastvautour

I counted 18 projects completed by the membership since the beginning of the year.

Keep those blades sharp and working.

Lou

Pete1616

Quote from: lastvautour on April 02, 2014, 09:07:17 PM
I counted 18 projects completed by the membership since the beginning of the year.

Keep those blades sharp and working.

Lou
Pete1616

Balsabasher

I have so many projects on the go at the moment,just getting a PBY Catalina ready for its first flight when the wind recedes,last week I flew my Boeing PT-17 Stearman its a real beauty and does lovely slow rolls and stall turns,my father flew them in Florida in 1941 on the famous Arnold scheme,they shipped them over from the UK where the weather was awful and was holding up training.

Then there are my aviation paintings which raise cash for airworthy vintage aircraft,last weekend the local flying museum re-opened and I was there sketching ( see latest files for the sketches )

Tomorrow I am going to line up the unfinished solid models and plan my paint/priming/sanding programme,just so much going on.

Barry.

Biggles

I made a small boeing stearman Barry, nice plane.
John 15:13

Ken Pugh

Slowly started to build again.  Working on the main rotor of the AH-1W

Boomerang

Progress made on the Gloster IV and Beaufort.

Hopefully will get some pics up over Easter.

Cheers
  Gordon

Pete1616

I've decided to be a bit more ambitious in my project list, as Mr Arthur Itis seems intent on messing with my hands I'll save the simple stuff for later.

The new list:
Supermarine Stranraer
Vickers Vedette
Beriev R 1
Northrop Delta on floats
North American B45 Tornado
Grumman F9F Panther
Grumman XP 50
McDonnell XP 67 Moonbat

I think there are at least 15 other models cut out as well!
Pete1616

lastvautour

Pretty quiet out here. Last three days spent disassembling, sanding and repainting my deck railing so not much in the way of progress on the hobby front.  Seabee, Sabres and L-19 are all calling my name, but alas, must accompany the misses to bingo tonight, so another wasted evening not playing at what I love best. Hope you guys are having better luck.

Lou