• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

August 2012 Ping

Started by lastvautour, August 04, 2012, 11:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

August is here already. Little action during the summer months so I will not post the stats but rely on your input to populate this topic. Let's hear from you even if you are not building anything at the present.

Lou

lastvautour

Just complete the Schweizer 2-33 and the F4J AirToon. I plan on doing the L-19 tow plane for the glider and a 1/72 Hellcat. Although arriving to late for the WWII ID Recognition program, she will be build in similar fashion. Other than that, I have been wanting to complete the Argus. We will see.

Lou

Ken Pugh

Working on AH1W Super Cobra in 1/72 scale for 100th anniversary of Marine Corps aviation.

Ken Pugh

lastvautour

Making templates for the L-19 and Hellcat in addition to reviving an old P-51 project I started last year.

Lou

Peter

Well I probably shouldn't even mention anything because August is right off, Camping with the kids, family wedding, golf and possibly a business trip. But currently on my bench are a 1/72 proposed British fight that never was (plan from this site) and also a retro style spaceship inspired by a plan on the site. I am also thinking of trying my first solid ship model either from this site or one from www.rusticmodelboats.com

Non solid models but still wood projects a steam tug, Chesapeake bay Flattie and several whittling projects. I hope your weather is good as ours.

Peter

lastvautour

Peter what a wonderful site. I spent a very short two hours just viewing the surface of the items there.

Lou

Peter

It is a nice site. I especially like the model of the month ocean liners, they would make a nice collection combined with some of the ones from out gallery. I was going to copy some of the plans and add to this site but was afraid of copyright issues. I also thought of contacting the site owner and inviting him to join our merry of whittlers. What do you think?

Peter

Balsabasher

Barry insists that I reply to the monthly ping on his behalf to keep you up to date,this week he has been assembling a couple of models that were left on his workbench prior to his heart attack,the few spells of fine weather enabled some painting to be done,his working day has been dramaticlly reduced as tiredness sets in quickly leaving him exhausted but the little amount of work done he has enjoyed,in the album you will see three pictures that I have  placed but I cannot get them to here so perhaps Lou can help in that department ? they ae of a Scottish Aviation Pioneer and a Percival Proctor.
I think that resting is the only answer,the therapy of doing a little bit on the models when he can is helping him, its the lifting of heavy objects that must be avoided.
Merlin.

As requested - Lou

lastvautour

Peter, by all means invite the site owner. I want to do the Liberty Ship.

Merlin, please pass on my best wishes again. I am happy to help out Barry in every fashion.

Lou