• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Solid Model Memories 20th Anniversary Cook-up

Started by lastvautour, April 29, 2021, 01:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

gera

Thanks Lou, I will be adding two more to the Cook-up now that I opened the Hangar again....I have so many plans that its hard to decide which one to use.
Gera

lastvautour

I think we all have that problem. I currently printed 6 more model for this year.

Lou

buccfan

gera

Thanks Paul.....a few more nights and will be in the water...

I just found a very old plan, simple, of the Not well known, Fairchild 100, used extensively all over Canada in the 1930s. That's one of my next projects. Big fat and beautiful.....
Gera

lastvautour

gera

Hi Guys....I have just added more pics of the SM-62 Build. Watch them with music...any suggestions welcomed! ;)

http://windbornesim.jigsy.com

-----
Lou, I will start the Pilgrim in a few days after a wonderful One of Kind "Breda 82"....They only build one and offered it to the Regia Aeronautica But it was regected. At the time the RA preferred Tri-Motor Aircraft, so this guy was left at the Company's airfield and was destroyed eventually.
Gera

lastvautour

One more coat of primer should do it.

Lou

buccfan

lastvautour

Very slowly. There is lots of sanding a increasing grit to get as smooth a finish as I can for the metallic finish. This time I will coat with future before handling.

Lou

Boomerang

lastvautour

gera

Gera

lastvautour

lastvautour

My DC-2 will carry the colours of Canadian Colonial Airways that operated from Quebec, Ontario and the north eastern states. CCA was rolled into Colonial and became American owned. It eventually was absorbed by Eastern Airlines. Decals are partially done and I am having trouble with the fuselage engine cowling stripping. As no colour CCA photo survived to the present day, colouring is left up to decal maker whose research is word of mouth renditions. The sole decal sheet that give the general arrangement is so degraded it is useless. The one decal maker that would provide a sheet is no longer in business so home made it must be. Artistic license will play a big part of those project.
CCA carried the Royal Canadian Mail hence the coat of arms on her side.

Lou