• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Novice WWII ID Model Group Build

Started by lastvautour, September 27, 2013, 07:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

I wish to offer my services as tutor for this "Novice WWII ID Model group build". Criteria are:

1. Any member or future member with no or little experience at making solids.
2. Any subject from the WWII ID section of plans may be selected. (If I have to do 20 different models I will. It may take a bit longer but them, all I have is time.
3. Member must post pictures and describe the build as he/she progresses along. I can upload your photos and text if you are unfamiliar with SMM site.
4. I will provide you with step by step instruction with photos to ensure some degree of success. Each step will completely finished before we move on to the next one. Models may be upgraded to ID Plus at will
5. I will provide you with plans placed on whatever paper size your printer uses. I prefer to do 1/72 but will provide any scale remembering that larger scales require the plan to be spit between several pages.
6. The group build will start 1 Oct 2013 but participants may make their intentioned known now.
7. As with all group builds we never close.

Lou

Photos below are ID Plus

Peter

Hi Lou,

Well it might be just thing to baptize my new but so far unused workshop. I have spent the whole Summer moving into our new place, building and staining fences. I will take a look at the plans but honestly I would be happy to try any of them. So I will wait to see if there are any other takers.

Peter

lastvautour

There is no need to wait for selecting your project. We will proceed as slow or as fast as you wish. The selection of models are here.

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/index.php?cat=13

It does not matter if you are the only one to choose a particular models as long as you want to make it. You can choose a couple if you wish.

Lou

Peter

Hi Lou,

I have decided to build the Hadley Page Hampden. My reason for this is there is one for sitting about 15 minutes from my house being restored so I can go and take photos of it.

Peter

Balsabasher

You are to be congratulated Lou for your services to newcomers to solid model building,the help that you give them will be worth its weight in gold,a great initiative sir.
Barry.

lastvautour

Hampton it is. Do you require me to size your drawings? I will start a new post just for the Hampden build starting 1 Oct.

Lou

Peter

Hi Lou,

Actually that would be great! Getting plans to print at the proper size has been one if my biggest frustrations so far in solid modeling.

Peter

lastvautour

I will size and print to confirm the proper scale. I am assuming 1/72 and what is your paper size? Mine is 8.5 X 11 inches but I can print various sizes..

Lou

lastvautour

I may have mislead some. Anyone can join the group build, however I will provide one on one tutorials for those who wish it.

Lou

cliff strachan

Lou, as Barry has said, you are a very devoted person; to Solid Scale Models; to the novice model builder (whom I should include myself) and to the Group, Solid Model Memories. All that's missing is just about everyone who has built a Solid Scale Model.
Cliff.