• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

October 2017 - Ping

Started by lastvautour, October 01, 2017, 01:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

A special plea to our members to log on and make comments on builds currently underway. If you have difficulty logging on email me at lastvautour88@gmail.com. I will keep this email up for a few days and then remove it to avoid spam attacks.

The gallery did not take long to reach 3 millions views again.

7,924 files in 339 albums and 17 categories with 743 comments viewed 3,034,249 times

The forum is also doing well although not to many builds are being posted.

Total Members:             257
Total Posts:              15,913
Total Topics:               1,391
Total page views:  4,907,120

Lou

lastvautour

Currently actively being worked on.

F-18 AirToon
Profile Sea Hawk..........painted, decals printed and drying
Profile Banshee............Bottom painted, top will be painted today(I hope)
Profile G-91 ................painted except for canopy and exhaust. Decals from aftermarket F-86 Frecce Tricolori that appear to fit
Profile Panther..............primer applied
Profile Starfire..............hand primed, sanding begun. Wood is badly gummed up.
Profile Strikemaster.......sanded
Profile Scimitar..............primer applied
1/32 Bruno Stillman.......carving
1/48 Bearcat Propeller....wood filler applied

Priority 2
1/48 Mustang
1/32 Sabre
1/72 Sabre
1/350 T2 Tanker

Completed last month
1/48 Spitfire AEQ
1/48 Spitfire 4D-V
Profile Plane Northrop T2 Buckeye

Mulling around in my head
Profile SE5A
1/48 or 1/72 Corsair II with Jorrit

Lou

Model Maker

Dare I say, September was an exemplary month. I don't recall reading as many postings in a month since I started visiting the site many years ago. On several days there were more than 4 messages on various topics indicating a significant increase in sharing information and techniques. More importantly there were several new models either finished or started with new methods being shared which many of us have not come across before.

My hat is off to all the contributors.  The level of detail and various methods of construction and finishing certainly demonstrates the devotion and artistic talent  to take solid models to the next level. And now that summer is over, it's back to working on my Halifax's.

-ken

Flying T

as a junior member,im getting a lot of encouragement by seeing what you are doing.
am working on  several projects starting a profile p-40 around 1/72 scale. this is a
wonderful site.
FLYING T (AKA. LARRY)

Boomerang

Nearly finished the W 29 . 

Revisiting the Macchi M 5 . Have done some cleaning up and repainted the top wing.

Pictures to follow.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

43 models to date. Shall we try for 60 by year's end. This is going to be a great poster.

Lou

FlyingS

Finished testing my printer paper decals. I Found the best one was the one on the right which I painted the back with white paint then glued it to the test board with rubber cement then coated it with a couple coats of water base polyurethane. This was the one that worked the beast. The first coat of poly is a very light coat. The middle one was spraying the front and back with clear acrylic spray (tended to turn the white part translucent). The far left one I coated the back with a thin coat of wood glue then the same process for top coat as the others. It helped to keep the navy blue from showing thru the white with mixed results.
-The one I coated the back with white paint I had cut out first. But next time I will painted the back before I cut it out to keep the paint from creeping over to the front.
Harv

lastvautour

lastvautour

Big leap in completions. %0 models to date. The poster will be full this year. Let's go for that 60 mark.

Lou