• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Gallery update

Started by Oceaneer99, June 21, 2010, 10:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oceaneer99

Hello, all.

We updated the gallery software, which fixed a number of bugs. However, the setup defaults have changed quite a bit, and I'm still noticing the changes that we need to fix. 

I fixed anonymous viewing of images (don't have to be logged in).

We're looking into getting the item descriptions to be in black the way they used to be rather than the new white.

The link to the "Instructions for Joining the Gallery" works again.

Please let me know if you find problems or issues.  I did try to upload a file (the uploader has changed), and the process seemed to work okay.

Garet

Oceaneer99

Somehow, the white image descriptions fixed themselves, at least on my browser.

dave_t

The descriptions are white oversized italics on my browser.

lastvautour

Everything is ok on my PC.

Lou

Oceaneer99

I had one computer that showed white italics for a time, the other was fine from the start.  I checked the default theme, which is something called "rainy_day", and that is okay.  I think the issue is that the definitions of the style you are using is set in a cookie, and the values in the cookie have changed meaning with the update.

I found two fixes:

1. delete the cookie from site "smm.solidmodelmemories.net" named "coppermine_data"

or:

2: go to this url: http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/?theme=xxx

The theme=xxx resets to the default theme.

I did learn that you can type in other theme names here (if you know what they are), but in general, they are not as good looking as the one we use.

dave_t

Removing the cookie worked. Thanks.

R.F.Bennett

I'm missing the Languages options.
"The Dude Abides"

Oceaneer99

I'm missing the language selection, too.  The original setting had a language I'd never heard of (so hopefully no one else ran into that one, I fixed it within minutes), but I managed to at least get it to default to English.  It is now set to autodetect the browser language and switch appropriately.

I'll look to see how to bring back the manual language settings that we used to have.

In the mean time, you can use something like this to set your language cookie:

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/?lang=dutch

Oops, now how do I get the original back?  Okay, this restores the default language:

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/?lang=xxx

dave_t

I just noticed that drawings in the gallery with a bitmap (bmp) extension don't display or open anymore. Those Monogram(?) sci-fi spacecraft drawings for example.

Oceaneer99

Yikes! Thank you for noticing that.  I'll check into it.

Garet

Oceaneer99

Do they look okay now?

Garet

dave_t

dave_t

Ray, I moved the Air Trails drawings to the member-submitted plans folder.

R.F.Bennett

Thank you Dave, I didn't want there to be any unfortunate confusion.
"The Dude Abides"

dave_t

The problem with the member-submitted gallery is that the file information can't be modified once uploaded, so if I make a typo or want to add information, I have to inform the administrator.