• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Donations

Started by R.F.Bennett, February 28, 2009, 07:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.F.Bennett

Well Gent's here is the info I've been getting lots of email about, And what to do about it.
Remember this is strictly VOLUNTARY. Don't even feel obligated, this is not a pledge drive.
Though it is true the site will go away if I can't find a way to pay for it eventually.  :P

QuoteWell Gent's, Here are the numbers...

For 24 months of hosting; $190.00 This gives us 24 months at 7.95 per month.
For 36 months of hosting; $250.00 This gives us 36 months at 6.95 per month.

Our current contract expires on November 1st 2009.

I will personally pledge $10.00 per month for, well for good. As long as the site is in operation.
This will not only buy hosting but the occasional agreed upon plan or kit for posting on the site.

I will also begin to post a "Needs" list to tell you exactly what kits we need plans from and what blueprint we would like to see in our collection. A good example of this would be a blueprint of the ship chosen for our "International Build"

Garet has agreed to host the fund, I cannot, nor will I ever see a penny of it. As far as Garet is concerned I know no other man I would trust more for this job. I have spoken many times with him on the phone and even met with him in person once. I know where he lives I will kick his butt. . . Sorry  Roll Eyes  Embarrassed  Tongue

You can go here,  http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/ and click on the little yellow button about half way down the page. With all of the members we have, I suggest a donation of $5.00 or $10.00 dollars.
Strait up or per month or when you can afford it. A running count will be posted here. Anonymous if you wish.

I want to remind you that if it weren't for you guys this is what would have happened to the group;
http://spaces.live.com/editorial/en-us/render/msngroupsclosure.htm

And there is more coming in the future; http://solidmodelmemories.net/Blog/blog1.php
as well as IMAP e-mail addresses.

I hope this gives you an Idea of what we need and what is going on. I, myself, am baffled that the web is not entirely free. But hopefully for some, our little part of it will remain so.

R.F.Bennett

"The Dude Abides"

Oceaneer99

As the "treasurer", I wanted to give everyone an update on our funds.  We've now raised $144 toward our minimum Fall Goal of $190, which would give us another two year's web hosting.

Many thanks go out to those who donated monetarily, but also thanks to those who have donated in so many other ways to this community.

Again, we'd like to stress that donations are completely voluntary.  There are no membership fees here, and we do not sell our information or plans.  They are freely available to all.  We have members all around the world, many who are on fixed income and who have been adversely affected by the current recession, and we understand that each member will give in the amount and manner that they are able.  This site is just as dependent on members sharing photos of their latest project, or scans from an interesting old model magazine they found stashed in the attic.

Again, thank you to those who have helped this site become what it is.

Garet

R.F.Bennett

UPDATE! THREE MORE YEARS!!!!    ;D  :o

Thanks to all of your donations and the hard work of Garet ,who administered the whole project, we have reached our goal of THREE ..3.. More years of hosting! YAY!!!  :P
"The Dude Abides"

lastvautour