• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

75th Anniversary - VE Day - VJ Day

Started by lastvautour, June 05, 2019, 08:21:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

2020 will mark 75 years since the end of hostilities. I suggest a group build to be completed by 8 May 2020 and 14 Aug respectively but as usual our group builds never end. Theme is any subject Allied or Axis, having been flown, driven or sailed including prototypes on the drawing board 1939 to 1945. I will personally attempt to enlarge my ID Plus collection and maybe add some ships and a tank. My WWI projects turned out well so perhaps I can do the same for WWII. Regardless, all are welcomed to join in.

Lou

Boomerang

Sounds like a plan.

Lots to choose from and 12 months to do it.
I will try a ship this time. A tank is on the cards.
I'll finish the CAC-15 too!
Already started on a 1/72 contribution.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Excellent. I hope many take up the challenge.

Lou

Boomerang

1/72 contribution so far.
  Northrop N3PB - couple of days work . Still a bit to do .That will be it for a while going away for a couple of days.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Boomerang

N3PB has progressed . Wing and tailplane glued to fuselage. Floats have been clened up and attachment fairings done.

Pic to follow.

Decided on a 1/72 Blenheim , 1/60 Buffalo Mk1 and a 1/60 Nakajima Ki-27

We'll see how they progress.

Cheers

Gordon

Gearup

Looking forward to the upcoming pictures and progress on the future projects.

Flying T

it will be hard to decide which ones to build,already made some so they dont count for this,planes in the 72 scale,perhaps a spit,bf109,fw 190,wildcat.just a small note..my dad was in cherbourg on ve day,and on a ship for the invasion fleet in the pacific for vj day,thanks mr president for dropping the bomb that saved my dads life
FLYING T (AKA. LARRY)

Gearup

Well, started cutting wood for the challenge. Hopefully it will look like a Storch when completed!

Boomerang

Progress on N3PB .
Some work still to be done but nearly there.
Have cut out Ki-27 , Blenheim and Buffalo.

Cheers

Gordon

Gearup

lastvautour

Boomerang

N3PB Finished.

Cheers

Gordon

Boomerang

Pushing on with the 1/60 Nakajima Ki-27

Cheers

Gordon