• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

TCA's Early Flying Equipment

Started by cliff strachan, July 05, 2013, 09:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cliff strachan

Gentlemen: I plan to post three photos of models I've been working on. The first shows two Lockheed 10s of TCA's. But as mentioned I had made an error when copying the plans so that the model on the right is too small. It is about 1/144 scale. The second photo shows two Lockheed aircraft of the same scale 1/96. This was close to the scale that us old dudes used a few years ago during world war two. This scale proved efficient in terms of storage space and was amenable for other purposes. In passing, I'd like to recall that it was the beautiful flying machines that we witnessed  as they would just fly underneath to avoid summer storms as they proceeded to Stevenson's Field about 1942 that made me want to model one "sometime in the future."

lastvautour

They look fantastic Cliff. You can send them to me and I will place them over my 1/96 scale HMCS Athabaskan.

Lou

cliff strachan

Thanks Lou for the comments. Regretably I don't know when, and considering age and moving, if I'll get around to finishing them. But I have been working on them.

Cliff.

Balsabasher

Lovely models of a fine aeroplane.

cliff strachan

Thanks very much, Barry. I do appreciate your taking the time.
Cliff.

lastvautour

I have printed a 1/72 scale drawing of the L-10A. Now to find time!!

Lou

Balsabasher

There is something about twin tailed,twin radial engined aircraft,they look so business like.
Barry.