• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

WWII ID Models

Started by Kenny Horne, February 24, 2008, 07:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

I have always liked the look of the Nomad,two realistic looking ID models,well done Sir.
Barry.

lastvautour

Dave's work is always a pleasure to see.

Lou

dave_t

Barry, I did not know the A-17 was ever known as a Nomad. Learn something new every day!

Thanks Lou, I should have something more to post in this thread during 2011.

Balsabasher

Dave I think the name 'Nomad' came from its RAF connection when some were purchased from France.
Barry.

lastvautour

I neglected to post my Airacobra to this thread.

I found the P-39 an easy build and would do nicely for a beginner.

Lou

lastvautour

Construction has begone and has reached the point where all pieces are rough cut and ready for some serious carving using X-Acto knife and chisel. I deviate from the plans by building in the dihydral rather than cuting and gluing. It uses a bit more wood but I prefer that method.

Lou

You can compare the Mosquito and Devastator wing spans in the first photo.

lastvautour

The Martlet has rolled out and is ready for flight.

Lou

buccfan

I like that Lou, very nice colour scheme and the spinning props look great.Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Thank you Paul. You can thank Ken for showing us with his B-25 spinning prop discs.

Lou

lastvautour

The 1/72 WWII ID Fleet now has 14 aircraft.

Left to right
Top row:  Thunderbolt, Beaufort, Spifire, Thunderbolt, Dauntless, Corsair, Harvard,
2nd row: Mitchell, Mustang Lightning, Kittyhawk, Mustang, Firefly, Airacobra and Martlet.

Lou

Note Firefly is not a WWII ID aircraft.

Peter

That's an amazing collection Lou! Soon you'll be catching up to Barry. I take it the upper shelf is plastic kits? They look equally impressive.

Peter

Balsabasher

The Martlet looks splendid in that scheme Lou,you will soon need some more shelves in your display area !
Barry.

lastvautour

Thank you all. I want to do a seperate display area for the WWII ID but alas, money is a great hinderance these days.

Lou

lastvautour

Latest addition to the WWII list is the Devastator and the Mosquito.

Lou

Next???

Balsabasher

Your Mossie has turned out really well Lou,love the finish as well.
Barry.