• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

New display hangars

Started by lastvautour, April 19, 2022, 06:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

A new hangar close to 1/87 scale ready for photo ops. I will print a few more closer to 1/72 and 1/144 and also see what I can do for 1/32 as those are the only scales I use undercarriage. May have to visit our local print shop for the larger one.

Lou
PS photo 2 and 3 are plastics

lastvautour

New photo op hangar in 1/48 and 1/87. A 1/144 and 1/72 will be done in due time. The display has two bays, however they are rather narrow as seen in the Sabre photo where the wings would extend into the walkway zones if placed side by side. Placards found on 1/144 site. The 1/48 took 15 legal size pages to print/cut/paste.

Boomerang

Extremely effective results Lou. Well Done !

Gordon

lastvautour

I download the images and printed then. I used a moving carton cardboard for backing. I now have the 1/144 and 1/72 printed and will assemble them later today. Here are the images I used.

The 1/48 was printed in Excel and that gave me problems as the walls came out smaller than the floor pieces. Excel prints roughly 100% in the vertical plane and 105% in the horizontal plane. I had forgotten about that. I reoriented my images and reprinted.

The 1/144 and 1/72 were done in MS Word

Lou
The images previously posted in this response were pirated and not authorized by the owner. To this end I removed them but will continue to use the hangars for model photo and give credit to My Noy Pines

lastvautour

1/144, 1/72, 187 and 1/48 photo op hangars completed. There is quite a bit of cut and paste, but well worth it. I have not looked at the 1/32 version but would probably take in excess of 25 legal size pages.

Lou

lastvautour

As a replacement hangar, I constructed another using freeware from the internet to avoid using unauthorized images.

So far I have done a 1/144 version. It took over 5 hours on the PC to come up with the following

Lou

Gearup

The hangars add so much to the looks of the models.  I totally missed that it is a 1/144 scale. The models look fantastic at that scale. Well done.

Also, is there a link to the images for the hanger drawings?
Fraser

lastvautour

It does a lot for the model display overall. I can't remember how many models were magnificent, but presentation took away from all that work the modeller put into his project.

You can download these images directly from this page. I have been working on a slightly larger bay that scales out to 75 ft vs 60 ft already made.

Lou

lastvautour

I have upgraded with heating ducts in 1/72.

Lou