• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Grumman/Schweitzer Ag Cat plans

Started by Jim, November 12, 2010, 05:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim

Does anyone know where I can lay my hands on a set of plans for modelling the Grumman/Schweitzer Ag Cat?  I recently began volunteering at the Empire State Aerosciences Museum in Schenectady, NY, and the Exhibits Committee would like to do a display on the Ag Cat, which is the product of two New York companies, and known throughout the world. I've been tasked with building such a display model, but all I've been able to find are a number of R/C plans that are flying monsters with huge wingspans. I think a nice solid model would be just the ticket, provided I can find a good plan. Any help or information would be much appreciated.

And so it goes...

Mark Braunlich

Full Size Plans (Roland Friestad) lists 3-view of the Grumman G164D Ag Cat by Warren Shipp from Model Aircraft Jan, 1982 issue.
Contact Roland at:  cardinal.eng@grics.net

Jim

And so it goes...

lastvautour

Best I could do.

Jim

And so it goes...

JeffH

The attached Grumman Ag-Cat plan appeared in an American Aviation Historical Society Journal sometime in the 1990's.
A model of one of those has been on my to-do list for a long time; a local crop sprayer pilot owned one when I was a kid.  I still remember the rumbling sound of that big round engine.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

Jim

Wow, Jeff, that's a honey! Just what I needed. Many thanks, and the folks at the museum thank you, too!
And so it goes...

Ken Pugh

I have been wanting to build a model of the Showcat, the modified AgCat on the airshow circuit today.  I love hearing that big radial and prop scream.

Ken Pugh