• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Vote for Model and Modeler of the year 2009

Started by R.F.Bennett, January 17, 2010, 08:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.F.Bennett

It's time to show your appreciation for the work of our best members and modelers of 2009. There were very few nominations and that seems to indicate very little participation and after all of the work some of us put into the site and Lou puts into the voting process, it leaves me feeling a bit let down by the membership. Once again the silent majority is speaking volumes. If we don't get 25 votes in total for those who are nominated (Far too few nominations) We won't be doing this again next year. Inactivity has killed many sites, Don't let that happen here. We've given up on the chat room because of inactivity, The "What is it?" Section, and the monthly Ping is in jeopardy. I've curtailed many of my plans already for the home page because I don't believe they'll be responded too.
This vote is a way to show your appreciation to the modelers for sharing their work with you and to show the members that contribute most that you support them.

Modeler of the year 2009;  http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/index.php?topic=466.0

Model of the year 2009;     http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/index.php?topic=288.0

Please vote between now and the end of the month.

RFB
"The Dude Abides"

Balsabasher

Please all support your officers who amongst yourself are the unique custodians of our historical traditions and skills here,you are all part of this unique space  on the internet,there is no other solid model activity like it anywhere so lets give them the passion and desire to carry on by voicing your appreciation to them.
They provide the space,the site,the essential plans and the knowledge base,the quality and diversity of everyones work here is outstandingly beautiful so lets keep it a special place and honour those who work hard on our behalf and provide the tools for us to stick together.
Tap a few words into the computer and show that you care for what you see here,we want to see solid models being built into the next century and the skills carried forward,thank you for your time gentlemen and a special thank you to RFB for everything that he does for us all.
Balsabasher/Barry/Wonwinglo

lastvautour

cliff strachan

I would like to add my enthusiastic support to the comments made by Barry. He could not have reflectred my thoughts better. It is indeed unfortunate that more of our members don't seem to take part. I believe that a group such as ours has a right and an advantage in just "jawing" away or nattering about this wonderful unique hobby and its potential to contribute to the alleviation of perhaps some of the broader issues that trouble the world today. One of the reasons so few of our members feel unable to enter into the discussions may be that building Solid Scale does take a very lot of time. I for one plan to post a few photos of my P61 - a model that I finished constructing but not painting about 60 years ago - in a couple of days. If this is not slow work I don't know what is! 

Cliff

Joe

Cliff, et alia,

As a new member to this Band of Brothers, I feel a little shy about expressing too many opinions.  However, I would hope that all who have taken even a smattering of advice or inspiration from the members standing for election could see fit to vote.  Besides all the useful information that the members provide, there is the undoubted joy of seeing all the models, in progress or completed, in the forum and gallery.  Having a look at those alone is worth the price of admission.

Now, although Ray's system will not emulate a Chicago poll and allow us to vote early and often, it does allow for one person-one vote.  Thus, I would, too, encourage all those save the casual "lurker" to vote for a member who has added to his joy. 

"We few, We happy few....

Joe